THE VOLCANIC ISLAND OF SAKURAJIMA (JAPAN/EU)
This tour takes us to the slopes of one of Japan's most active volcanoes, situated on an island off the coast of Kagoshima, where we will admire spectacular views of the wild natural environment, dip our toes into a thermal footbath and conclude our tour with a visit to a local shopping district.
Was wir ansehen
- Sakurajima volcanic island
- Arimura Lava Observatory
- Lava Nagisa Park: thermal footbath
- District of Tenmonkan
Was wir erleben
- We will travel by boat to the volcanic island of Sakurajima, the symbol of Kagoshima whose mountainous profile dominates the city from the ocean, often crowned by the plume of smoke that heralds the unrelenting volcanic activity of this unique environment.
- Our first stop is the Arimura Lava Observatory located in a lava field on the slopes of Minami-dake, the mountain's southern summit, which was formed by an eruption that spilled lava down one side of the mountain in 1946.
- The viewpoint offers a stunning 360 degree view of the volcano and the bay of Kagoshima beyond.
- We will continue our tour with a visit to Lava Nagisa Park, where we will immerse our feet into a 100-metre-long footbath. The warm waters are drawn from a depth of over one thousand metres, replenishing our energy as we admire the enchanting views of the bay of Kinko before us and the Sakurajima volcano behind us.
- Our senses revived and rejuvenated, we will return to the city to conclude our tour with a stroll through the shopping district of Tenmonkan, where we will have the opportunity to buy souvenirs or perhaps sample some local street food such as the shirokuma polar bear ice drink or traditional Kagoshima ramen.
Deutschsprachige Reiseleiter stehen leider nicht zur Verfügung, der Ausflug wird in English durchgeführt.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.